Re: frames? hate them or not?

Barbara de Zoete wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 05:09:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>
> I do not enforce anything on anyone. If a visitor gets upset by my styles
> (which I find hard to believe), s/he can just switch off the stylesheet
> and, there you go, gets a nicely marked up page that is fully functional
> and readable. CSS is there just for the fun of it. I'm not going to serve
> a page with just markup (and neither are you, IIRC).

That's a valid point, but many visitors are too... ummm... amateur... or
just lazy... to disable CSS. Besides, with properly built sites (e.g. my
blog at http://schestowitz.com/Weblog), navigation becomes impractical when
you disable CSS.

> Setting a background color is a good thing if you set other colors too.
> You have no idea what color is the default of your visitors browser. If
> you set for example any font color, be sure to set a background color too.
> For all you know, your font color could be the default background color of
> your visitor.

Let me guess that you disabled images, _as well as_ setting your background
colour to light green. Very political!

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com