Re: Boost Energy

  • Subject: Re: Boost Energy
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:20:06 +0100
  • Newsgroups: sci.med.nutrition

On Friday 19 August 2005 14:30, Sommerfeldt wrote:

> Okay... I see what you're saying. You don't have the energy to do the
> things that will make you have enough energy to do them? ;)

Yes, there is definitely a cycle there. There is not only a psychological
barrier, but a physical one too. For example, when one begins to work out,
there is apparent soreness in the muscles, which is unpleasant and it also
prevents regular (e.g. daily) exercise.

There is a lot of will power involved, which is something I learned
stubbornly as I motivated myself to exercise without any exceptions. As for
diet, it is not quite the same case, but once you get accustomed to a
healthy diet and a healthy lifestyle, you will not have much desire for
poor choices of food. Eating poor foods becomes an irrational thing.

> All the things you mention work on different levels, with different
> results and different levels of effect.
> Drugs such as LSD, Ecstasy, Marijuana, Alcohol, Tobacco and the likes
> are never really recommended if you want to have more energy on a
> consistant basis.
> They stimualte your nervous system, so that your body thinks it has
> more energy, or is "happier", when in fact it will steal the rest of
> what you have away, leaving your body robbed of its supply when your
> nercous system rids itself of the drugs again.
> Strong multivitamins, love and exercise is the best for you I think. I
> myself use a few vitamin-rich food supplements, that are working
> wonders with me.
> Vitamins and exercise will stimulate natural, healthy processes in your
> body, and though there might not be a strong immediate effect, there
> will be over say, a few weeks. Make that two or three. ;)
> Start by taking a short walk, and add a few things to your diet that
> will make the body have more reserves. Even a short walk will stimulate
> your hormone-production, and you will feel the effect when you get back
> home.

I definitely agree on that one. Exercise will energise you as well as
motivate you to do further work, exercise and transform your life into a
healthier one. It will teach you to respect yourself /and/ your body so
gains in the long run are immense.

The hardest part is gaining the momentum at the start! Remember that all
beginnings are difficult.

> If you seriously do not have energy levels that will allow you to
> exercise, then I'd have to recommend you changing your diet for a
> while. Concentrate on eating lots of fruit and vegetables, of all
> colors, and also add a supplement tho your daily diet that will
> increase the amount of vitamins and acids your body has in storage and
> reserves.
>
> Feel free to visit my website if you want, and see what I use.

I would personally recommend fish, fruit, vegetables and plenty of sugar.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com