Re: Google in Klingon

_____/ On Friday 26 August 2005 04:43, [Alan Anderson] wrote : \_____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> If you watch(ed) Star Trek on occasions, you will(would) know what
>> Klingon is about. It also makes good geek humour, maybe as part of the
>> Slashdot subculture. There was a funny Frasier episode where Kelsie
>> Grammar unknowingly memorised a phrased in 'Klingon'.
>
> There's no need to put quotes around it -- it was definitely Klingon
> sentences, though the pronunciation was unfortunately a bit off. The
> text of the lines was provided by Marc Okrand, the linguist who created
> the Klingon language in the first place.

Yes, but it's a fictitious language, hence the 'scare' quotes. I guess it
should have been placed differently, e.g.

A new 'language' called Klingon has been added to the Google database.

I can imagine some geekery sitting around and composing a Klingon dictionary
(I will /not/ volunteer) just for the heck of it. Then, they will slowly
learn it and go around talkin' trash.

Roy S. Schestowitz        $> apt-get -not windows
http://Schestowitz.com