Re: Google pay per impression?

  • Subject: Re: Google pay per impression?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 05:01:38 +0100
  • Followup-to: alt.www.webmaster
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster, alt.business.misc

http://davincipicard.com/thismakesadsense/component/option,com_weblinks/catid,16/Itemid,34/)
> Do you know when and if this will happen soon?
> SF

My first impression is that this page is not affiliated with Google. I will
take any suggestions or statements that it makes with a grain of salt.

However, the page probably points specifically to:

=== BEGIN Quote ===

CPM bidding: a new way to generate revenue

With site-targeted advertising, advertisers set a maximum CPM bid - that is,
the price they are willing to pay for every thousand impressions ? and pay
on a per-impression basis. This means that, unlike pay-per-click ads,
you'll earn revenue each time a CPM ad is displayed on your site.

For every eligible impression, both pay-per-impression ads and pay-per-click
ads compete in the same auction. Our technology will automatically display
the highest performing ads on your pages.

=== END Quote ===

The sentences are quite confusing, possibly with intention of being so. They
probably try to lead you to thinking that you get the same advantages with
AdSense as you would have got with pay-per-impression programs. I guess the
point they try to can make is that value of to-be-clicked ads is raised
whenever an impression count goes up. The advertisers indirectly pay for
units of impressions if I understand this correctly. However, no clicks
still imply no pennies.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com