Re: Backlink update

  • Subject: Re: Backlink update
  • From: Adam Davies <cornhouse@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:14:21 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
In article <d0bi08$2ccl$2@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>, newsgroups@schestowitz.com
says...
> Big Bill wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 00:03:49 GMT, Adam Davies <cornhouse@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>In article <4228e081$0$42479$75868355@news.frii.net>,
> >>will.spencer@internet-search-engines-faq-dot- com.no-spam.invalid says...
> >>>

> >>I want to see google start doing a decent job of listing my site like all
> >>other search engines already do without having to pay thousands of pounds
> >>to SEO companies. (grumble, grumble, grumble) 8-)
> >
> > Expect tons of sympathy from this group.
>
> SEO firms adapt their practice to the most-commonly used algorithm, which is
> PageRank-based.

Which is why I hate googles methods so much, the two main things that (so i've
read) google loves is backlinks and content, but if you are running a
ecommerce site then textual content is something that you never have a lot of
because you don't want to bore your customers with too much details you just
have enough to gain their interest so they can decide to buy or not and as for
backlinks it just a case of whos got the most cash to splash on purchasing
links back to their sites, for example our site has the largest selection
available on the net and high street of the particular brand we sell, we have
the best customer service (we know as we test purchased from our competitors
several times), we are pretty much the best at what we do BUT it all doesnt
matter because google has such a awfull method of deciding ranking.