Re: Clock Loses Time

  • Subject: Re: Clock Loses Time
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 13:05:50 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
mjt wrote:

> (Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>) scribbled:
>
>> I am using SuSE 8.1 here. The KDE (panel) clock keeps losing time when
>> heavy work is run on the machine.
>
> ... what processes/applications are you running to
> cause this? and what are the h/w specs for the box?

MJT,

I run some C++ objects, sometimes I even nice the process. The hardware: 1.8
GHz, 512 MB RAM.

RobD,  Zbigniew A.,

I am sorry I did not see the ambiguity at first. The CMOS clock is fine. The
system time is fine. It is only the KDE clock in the panel which needs to
be refreshed. It takes me about 20 seconds of clicking and waiting to get
it refreshed. In the mean time, timestamps in my E-mail messages get
distorted and I nearly miss appointments. This is why it's no longer a case
of "Just let it slide"...

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com