Re: Rotating Home Page Text

__/ [JohnSouth104@xxxxxxxxx] on Wednesday 19 October 2005 17:38 \__

> Hi
> I've designed the home page of our site so that the main text blocks
> are displayed in different positions and at different times, each time
> you enter or refresh the page.
> To see what I mean got to www.WhereCanWeGo.com look at the right-hand
> side and click refresh a few times.
> I liked the idea, but now I worry that this may have a negative effect
> on Google ratings, as most of the key words are in the rotating text
> boxes, and will differ each time it is seen.
> Does anyone know if this is true?  Would static text blocks help?
>
> Cheers
>
> John South
> Pangbourne UK

The majority of the page (the 'meat') is static, so I wouldn't worry about
it. PHP-Nuke, which is a CMS that was downloaded around 5.6 million times,
is doing that by default, i.e. 'out of the box'. It does so to fit contex-
tually-related articles to the right-hand-side pane.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Far away from home, robots build people"
  5:55pm  up 55 days  6:09,  4 users,  load average: 0.57, 0.58, 0.55