Re: Microsoft Kill my Site

__/ [Albert Grennock] on Sunday 30 October 2005 19:45 \__

>> Microsoft have admittedly released a flawed operating system. That
> operating
>> system can be trivially hijacked due to a critical loophole and then be
>> converted into what is commonly called a 'zombie'.
>>
>> At present, thousands of such zombies (essentially connected computers)
> have
>> been captured by vandals who are attacking my Linux Web site on a daily
>> basis. Who can I blame for this? I cannot contact the vandals and cannot
>> directly blame the owners of the computers. Their computers are devised as
>> weapons behind their backs. I can only argue that a faulty product from
>> Microsoft has let to DoS (Denial of Service) attacks on my site.
>>
>> Is there any chance at all of getting compensation out of Microsoft or
>> whoever else bears guilt? Are they exempted from any responsibility for
> what
>> they unleash to the public? Like a car with faulty breaks?
>>
>> I am aware that this current scenario crosse over to our rights online.
> Will
>> someone be able to give me advice nonetheless? The attacks have gone on
>> since the beginning of the month and show no signs of abatement. There is
> no
>> way of blocking them either. I am hopeless.
>

> Best to pop round to Bill Gates house with a baseball bat or better and
> have a word
> with him.

Would that stop the DoS attacks? Would it give Microsoft the incentive to do
something on the matter...?

Microsoft have not even apologised. From what I hear, such hijacked machines
are also used to deliver spam by the millions, from untraceable IP
addresses. It is not only me who is affected; it is anyone who uses E-mail.