Re: Info on Presario 1260 Please.

news:dk1q9f$1epm$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I owned a Presario 1246 until a month ago. I have been using it since 1999
>so
>>
>> JM.
>
> These batteries are terrible. Mine became utterly useless some time in
> 2000.
> I only used it up to its entirety about a dozen times. Ever since that
> time
> it could maybe endure 1-5 minutes. In recent years I was lucky if it could
> retain power for 5 seconds of sudden power loss. In the past year or so,
> it
> was left out of the body altogther as it only increased the amount of
> weight
> that needed to be carried.
>
> Hope it helps,
>
> Roy

Hi Roy,

            Well I am still trying to find my way around it yet

I picked it  up for £50  with a 20 gig in it and 90+ meg of memory.
Its tidy and all working other than charging the Battery.

Its just to use for a couple of things where speed does not matter..

I will let you know if I get somewhere.

Johnny UK