Re: Page Rank Prediction... was Re: Zero Google Saturation

__/ [Darren Tipton] on Friday 02 September 2005 17:19 \__

> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:47:11 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on the topic of "Re: Zero Google
> Saturation":
>
>>> Is the pagerank-prediction.php broken as well? That's too bad 'cause
>>> it's *predicting* rise in my PR. Shame it does not tell when ... :-)
>>
>>It seems to have just been fixed. There appear to have been some changes
>>to API's recently. I wouldn't know for sure because I never use Google
>>API's. I imagine there were attempts to break some tools that hammered the
>>Google servers... all just speculations.
>>
>>"Wishful thinking" is how I would describe the aforementioned tool because
>>it makes some silly predictions, which apart from raising hopes  cannot
>>make reasonable guesses. Mikkel is still awaiting his PageRank 10.
>
> Wondered how this would work actually, how you would actually predict a
> rise in Page Rank?
>
> Darren

A superficial method would involve taking the current PageRank
(public/toolbar indicator gets modified 3-4 times a year) and then count
backlinks that were added since the last PageRank update as well as other
minor factors (Alexa/Netscraft ranks?). You do some obscure calculation and
append +1 because, evidently, more visitors will return if you lie, making
them droll over the ranks.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Warning 0x12C: ispell feels tired
  5:15pm  up 9 days  6:23,  3 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.45, 0.54