Re: [News] Estimated Number of Windows Zombies: up to 47 Million

__/ [ DFS ] on Tuesday 25 April 2006 15:59 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ William Poaster ] on Tuesday 25 April 2006 13:12 \__
>>
>>> It was on Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:38:35 +0100 when BearItAll posted this:

>> Much like your misaligned system clock. Is it the superiority of
>> Windows O/S that enabled you to reply to my message before I had
>> written it? Are you telepathic?
>
> That's funny: I've got a Malware Magnet post in my reader with a date of
> 8/9/2008.
>
> My system clock is synchronized with time.windows.com, and always shows the
> correct Eastern Time.  What happens to the timestamp on the post after it
> leaves my OE news client is out of my control.

Fair enough.

,----[ Quote ]
| UK security firm Sophos estimates that 40 percent of spam is now sent
| by zombie machines. Sandvine, a network security firm, puts the figure at
| 80 percent.

I originally came across in a different unbiased source. So I guess these
Windows zombies, which you argue do not exist or do no harm, deliver between
50 to 100 spam messages to me, per day. Thank you, Windows O/S.

>> The person who needs convincing, however, is not worth it.
>> His 'style' involves insults
>
> That's rich, coming from one of the biggest liars and insulters on cola.
> Can you even WRITE a sentence that doesn't insult MS or Windows?
>
>> and I hear that he is a racist too.
>
> Yes.  And?

Get your act together and be polite if you want to have a constructive
argument rather than a confrontation.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open the Gate$ to Hell
  4:00pm  up 3 days  1:11,  9 users,  load average: 0.53, 0.70, 0.70