Re: [News] Estimated Number of Windows Zombies: up to 47 Million

It was on Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:05:25 +0100 when Roy Schestowitz posted
this:

> __/ [ DFS ] on Tuesday 25 April 2006 15:59 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> __/ [ William Poaster ] on Tuesday 25 April 2006 13:12 \__

<snipped>

>>> This was published in a recent article. To get the link, I will need to
>>> hunt.
>>
>> www.linux*.com?
>> slashdot?
>>
>> I'm sure it comes from an unbiased source like those.
>

> ,----[ Quote ]
> | UK security firm Sophos estimates that 40 percent of spam is now sent by
> | zombie machines. Sandvine, a network security firm, puts the figure at
> | 80 percent.
> `----
>
>         http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,116841,00.asp
>
> I originally came across in a different unbiased source. So I guess these
> Windows zombies, which you argue do not exist or do no harm, deliver
> between 50 to 100 spam messages to me, per day. Thank you, Windows O/S.

So, is he saying that the BBC, USAtoday, PCWorld, etc are biased? He's
more stupid than I first thought. He probably believes, that if it doesn't
come from Redmond, it's heresy!

>>> The person who needs convincing, however, is not worth it. His 'style'
>>> involves insults
>>
>> That's rich, coming from one of the biggest liars and insulters on cola.
>> Can you even WRITE a sentence that doesn't insult MS or Windows?
>>
>>> and I hear that he is a racist too.
>>
>> Yes.  And?
>

> Get your act together and be polite if you want to have a constructive
> argument rather than a confrontation.

DFS, a *constructive* argument?  You're pushing it there, Roy!

--
WARNING! Do not drive your
vehicle after using Windows.