Re: [News] Estimated Number of Windows Zombies: up to 47 Million

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ DFS ] on Tuesday 25 April 2006 15:59 \__

> ,----[ Quote ]
>> UK security firm Sophos estimates that 40 percent of spam is now sent
>> by zombie machines. Sandvine, a network security firm, puts the
>> figure at 80 percent.
> `----
>
>         http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,116841,00.asp

hmmmm... that article is 2 years old, says between 40% and 80%, and XP
Service Pack 2 has since been released and has greatly reduced virus and
trojan infections.  You need to upgrade.

I also note that, in true hypocritical "advocate" fashion, you didn't use
the estimates in this article of 1/2 to 2 million zombie machines - you went
out and found the most outlandish number you could from a different source:
47.  But you did turn around and use the very worst zombie percentage
numbers from this article.

You're a *perfect* example of a Linux "advocate" - transparently sloppy and
inconsistent and willing to toss out anything negative about Windows.

> I originally came across in a different unbiased source. So I guess
> these Windows zombies, which you argue do not exist or do no harm,
> deliver between 50 to 100 spam messages to me, per day. Thank you,
> Windows O/S.

And you have some proof those 50 to 100 spam messages come from a Windows
zombie?  Of course you don't, but that doesn't stop you from claiming it.

Only you need to "get your act together."

Oh, and I have gotten exactly 0 spam messages in the few months I've been
with BellSouth.  How is this possible?

>>> The person who needs convincing, however, is not worth it.
>>> His 'style' involves insults
>>
>> That's rich, coming from one of the biggest liars and insulters on
>> cola. Can you even WRITE a sentence that doesn't insult MS or
>> Windows?
>>
>>> and I hear that he is a racist too.
>>
>> Yes.  And?
>

> Get your act together and be polite if you want to have a constructive
> argument rather than a confrontation.

There are a small handful of cola "advocates" that can make constructive
arguments; you're not one of them.