Re: Linux is for... work?

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Monday 24 April 2006 15:46 \__

> DFS wrote:
>> http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=110016492&size=m
>>
>> A card game, a radio stream playing, a Gimp session, an Xgl script
>> being edited, and 5 transparent windows rendering the system almost
>> unreadable.
>
> 1. It's obvious that these windows have been staged to demonstrate KDE's
> translucency effect, rather than be typically representative of the
> users working environment.
>
> 2. KDE translucency is still in beta.
>
> 3. Each window's translucency can (will?) be configured separately, so
> the fact that this particular "demo" looks confusing is simply down to
> that user's poor judgement when composing the screenshot.
>
> Regardless of Operating System, window manager, or API's, translucency
> on any desktop can look confusing if not used in moderation.
>
>> Linux: for when you get tired of real work
>
> The phenomenon (problem?) has nothing uniquely to do with Linux, and
> from what I've read, the proposed translucency on Vista is no better:
> http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_5308_05.asp
>
> -
> K.

Sdaly, it reached Linux as well, but it's omly an addon...

http://www.kde-look.org/content/preview.php?preview=2&id=13969&file1=13969-1.jpg&file2=13969-2.jpg&file3=13969-3.jpg&name=Crystal

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> sudo root; cd /; rm -rf *.doc
  6:30pm  up 2 days  3:27,  9 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.35, 0.40