Re: Support for bidi text in e-mail

__/ [ Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz ] on Monday 24 April 2006 13:29 \__

> I'm running SuSE 10 and would like to be able to send e-mail with
> imbedded Hebrew text. MIME provides for controlling bidi text by
> adding a suffix to the charset, e.g., charset=UTF-8-i. but neither
> Kmail nor Thunderbird seem to support it. Is there a way to either
> extend the menu of character sets or to expose the entire header for
> manual editing?

On SuSE 8.1, Thunderbird 1.0.x: enter text in whichever language you desire.
Options -> Character Encoding. I can see two options for Hebrew even though
I never installed anything as such. I have just tested this and can confirm
that it works.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  5:10pm  up 2 days  2:07,  9 users,  load average: 1.09, 0.93, 0.75