Re: Linux is "Enhanced Operating System"

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Mon, 24 Apr 2006 05:13:41 +0100
<3162206.vXUDI8C0e8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> See photo:
>
> http://www.chooseopen.com/
>
>  ( Fry's Electronics thinks Linux is better than Windows )

Maybe one subsection of it does, but what is Fry's, really?
They are a commodity seller of stuff -- including books,
audio, pens, paper, washers, coffee makers, wax lamps,
toys, and of course computers and peripherals.  (They do
have a repair department but I for one have never needed it.)

Neat store, but what little Linux they offer in the computer
department is disappointing.  I will give them brownie points
for selling Quake III (many years back) for Linux, and the
occasional token desktop, and of course this book display.

There's still hope. :-)  But they'll sell what they think sells.
Can't blame 'em too much for that.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.