Re: Insultng behaviour

On 2006-04-21, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> __/ [ B Gruff ] on Friday 21 April 2006 12:49 \__
>
>> On Friday 21 April 2006 12:27 Leslie Danks wrote:
>>
>>> Probably OT but:
[deletia]
> As Mark recently reminded me, it is the raison d'être of the GPL (and
> siblings). IBM, unlike Oracle (Elli$on), understand that and slag off Oracle
> when/where they should.
>

>> Have I understood your question correctly?  If so, it is my opinion that
>> those same "methods" will succeed to an explosive extent in the near
>> future, for example, when applied to government, local government,
>> education, etc.
>

> Your doubts, which end with the sentence "the real world is not yet ready for
> it" seem to label you "misinformed". Apache, Oracle and Unisys (among more
> corporation) have shown certainty that the future holds nothing but Open
> Source software.
[deletia]

	60% of current version clustered database deployments for Oracle
are on LINUX. Within the next few years, Linux will overtake Solaris as
the leading platform for Oracle in general.

	The Linux solution replaces some rather expensive clusterware from
Veritas that is typically used for this same sort of deployment under Solaris.

--
     If you think that an 80G disk can hold HUNDRENDS of           |||
hours of DV video then you obviously haven't used iMovie either.  / | \