Re: Only one page of my site now listed on Google

  • Subject: Re: Only one page of my site now listed on Google
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:42:07 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ stone ] on Wednesday 19 April 2006 09:42 \__

> Chris H. wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Up to a few days ago, almost every page of my site was listed on
>> Google.  Now only my index page http://www.internetsecurity101.net is
>> listed on Google.  Does anyone know why this might be happening?  is
>> there anything that I can do about it?  Thanks.
>>
>> Chris Hecker

This tends to happen with new Web sites. I see it is about 6 years old,
however. No robots.txt either (
http://www.internetsecurity101.net/robots.txt ). Could this have been the
outcome of penalties? And how long has this gone on?

> Hi Chris, Sorry, (didn't mean to send to your email address also!)
>
> I have been seeing the same thing with my site
> http://www.absolutedirectory.com but I can put a lot of it down to major
> changes.
>
> Oddly enough the cached page count went down as low as 177 (from around
> 30,000) and after the changes were made there only actually exists about
> 1,000 pages now, google lists ~2,000 - though I suspect it still has
> some of the pre change pages cached. But it does seem to show that
> google still holds the data for the "lost" pages, and therefore may
> reinstate your lost ones also.
>
> Best,
>
> Jez.

Are you nymshifting? *gasp* What does our Jez do at nighttime? *smile*

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | SuSE, Mandriva, Fedora - Gotta love them girls
  9:35am  up 43 days 23:18,  7 users,  load average: 0.58, 0.85, 0.64