Re: [News] Vista 'Feature' Makes Dual-Boot Much Harder

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> BitLocker gives dual-boot systems the elbow
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Infosec Security features introduced in Windows Vista will make setting
> | up PCs to boot in either Linux or Windows far more difficult, according
> | to security guru Bruce Schneier. Vista is due to feature hardware-based
> | encryption, called BitLocker Drive Encryption, which acts as a
> | repository to protect sensitive data in the event of a PC being either
> | lost or stolen.
> `----
>
>                 http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/04/27/schneier_infosec/

I don't agree with what Leyden is saying there.

The machines can still be dual boot, all MS are doing here is protecting
their users data  if the machine is stolen. That is assuming their users
learn how to use passwords, including a password for the administrator. Its
fascinating to go into a company who seem to go over the top with unique
passwords for everything, then you start an Xp in debug mode and the
administrator user has no password :^) Aww bless 'em, security in windows
is like my 3 year old nephew playing hide and seek, he stays where he is
and covers his eyes up, if he can't see you then maybe you can't see him.

They can still section off part of the drive for sharing.