Re: [News] GIMP Launches Paid Usability Project

Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
[snips]

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:55:25 +0100, Jamie Hart wrote:

Nope, it's designed to be more usable

Then explain, when I have a maximized image window, how to keep the tools available, up front, where they damn well belong, without resorting to hacks such as using the WM's "keep window on top" option - i.e. a solution which works _correctly_.

Oh, right, can't do it, because the interface is too retarded to grasp the
concept there's no freakin' point having an image open in an image
_editor_ if you can't get at the freakin' _tools_.  Oh, sure, you can piss
around trying to find 'em in the mess it makes of the window list, or you
can simply use tools that have UIs that actually work.

If I wanted an image _viewer_, I wouldn't load something as heavy as gimp;
if I'm loading it, it's because I want an image _editor_.  So keep the
freakin' tools where they belong - otherwise it's just the UI going out of
its way to make editing as tedious as humanly possible.

How about we just agree to disagree, The Gimp suits the way I work far better than Photoshop or Paintshop Pro, if it doesn't work for you, maybe you should use something else.