Re: Looking for a referral option similar to tinyurl

                    ^

> addresses have leaked to aggressive companies or spammers.

http://example.com/?1
http://example.com/?2
http://example.com/?3
http://example.com/?4
http://example.com/?5

gives 5 different tiny URLs, all going to the same page :-D.

Other option is:

http://example.com/referer-id/

and 301 redirect that to the right page

> The     first    such    service    I    became    familiar    with

Fully justified text has several disadvantages, the fact that when I quote
your text, the > is added to the left, and the quote is rejustified makes
an even bigger mess out of it :-(

[...]
> principle permalink, but not  perma- companies.

Which have outlived a lot of the URLs they have been redirecting too :-D

(PS: haven't had time to read your paper yet, toooo busy)

--
John                    Freelance Perl programmer: http://castleamber.com/

Quick Bookmarks:  http://johnbokma.com/firefox/quick-launch-bookmarks.html