Re: [Humor] Five -- no, wait, two? -- Reasons Windows Beats Linux

  • Subject: Re: [Humor] Five -- no, wait, two? -- Reasons Windows Beats Linux
  • From: The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:00:04 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Jim
<james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:18:35 GMT
<v3qzg.54594$eQ.9051@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Sat, 29 Jul 2006 07:12:54 +0100
>> <1325445.JesZEShxnk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> ,----[ Gist ]
>
> As in beer, as in ~dom to do with as you see fit (to a large extent), ~dom
> to choose which parts to use, if you choose to use any parts at all...

> No argument there

> Yay for constant peer review!

> YaST: your One-Stop Shop for... everything!

> Choice is a wonderful freedom, and one of the few we have left. To further
> paraphrase Mr. Heinlein (or whoever wrote the screenplay for Starship
> Troopers): Use that freedom while you've still got it.

Oh, I'm having no argument with Roy at all here. :-)  I'm more or less
poking fun at our resident Wintrolls (if any).

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://steeplemedia.com/blogs/ten_gadgets/default.aspx <- server implies
>>>                                                                hypocrisy

Ick.  IIS/6.0, ASP.NET.

> ASP.NET on Linux, anyone?

I thought JBailo's site texeme.com did something there?  Not that it
matters, texeme.com is down for the count.  (For its part go-mono.net
is using Apache and PHP.)

>> 1. It's supported by Microsoft.
>
> Doesn't bode well for Windows, eh?

One can hope.  After all, declaring darkness a standard does nothing
at all for those times when one must find the light switch. :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.