Re: [News] Internet Explorer 7 - Security Revisions Before Release

__/ [ Linonut ] on Thursday 27 July 2006 05:01 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:
>
>> Microsoft tags IE 7 'high priority' update
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "The justification, of course, is the significant security enhancements
>> | in IE 7," Schare said. Microsoft recommends that all Windows users
>> | install the new browser when it ships, he added.
>> `----
>>
>>                 http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6098500.html
>
> Do I hear the sound of a fishing line being cast?

I  believe  there is an implication here that  the  previous
build  of Internet Explorer 7 beta had security issues.  IE7
is  likely  to end up in the same way as IE6. Just  as  they
promised  a secure Windows (Vista) and, just 6 months before
its release, Symantec prove it to be hijackable...

Words  are cheap. Actions are an entirely different  matter.
The  new and yet-untested code, the 60% impending  re-write,
the  scraping of Longhorn in September 2005... all of  these
factors  indicate that, just as Symantec said, Vista will be
/less/ secure than Windows XP. Wait and see..!

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Y |-(1^2)|^(1/2)+1 K
         run-level 5  Jul 20 12:15                   last=S