Re: Schestowitz problem solved -- mha

Gee, we're a little off topic.  "Plonk" is mysterious, but I get it now:
it's the sound of a large overripe fruit falling onto the ground for
purpose to fertilize it.  Very helpful.  Very appropriate.

Anyhow, yes, I do find Outlook Express hard to use.  I found trn
*much* nicer to use, before someone made it more "user friendly",
several years ago.

My introduction to all this stuff was ITS, leading to my private
ambition to make a Linux run like ITS.  I've thought maybe I could
do that with one of the little linuxes, which seem to run to gooeys
and "user-friendly".  I think that at my age, probably I won't get
to that.

As I look at today's COLA I'm struck by the immediate improvement
with Shestowitz out of it.  I am not saying the guy's postings are
useless; just that it's very nice to see that stuff filtered and at
second hand, rather than in my face.  Yes, this is much better.

As for using Outlook Express here, why not?  For me, it's a way
station, serving until I reconstitute one of my Linux machines and
my home, so that I can set in some network resources.  And, of
course, the best Linux firewall I can make.

Cheers -- Martha Adams