Re: Schestowitz problem solved -- mha

  • Subject: Re: Schestowitz problem solved -- mha
  • From: "William Poaster" <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 08:19:07 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 13:12:24 +0000, Martha Adams wrote:

> Gee, we're a little off topic.  "Plonk" is mysterious, but I get it now:
> it's the sound of a large overripe fruit falling onto the ground for
> purpose to fertilize it.  Very helpful.  Very appropriate.

No, dummy, it's the sound of a troll hitting the bottom of the bozo bin.

> Anyhow, yes, I do find Outlook Express hard to use.  I found trn *much*
> nicer to use, before someone made it more "user friendly", several years
> ago.
>
> My introduction to all this stuff was ITS, leading to my private ambition
> to make a Linux run like ITS.  I've thought maybe I could do that with one
> of the little linuxes, which seem to run to gooeys and "user-friendly".  I
> think that at my age, probably I won't get to that.
>
> As I look at today's COLA I'm struck by the immediate improvement with
> Shestowitz out of it.  I am not saying the guy's postings are useless;
> just that it's very nice to see that stuff filtered and at second hand,
> rather than in my face.  Yes, this is much better.

And do you *also* filter the crap from wintrolls & mactrolls?
I'm struck by the immediate improvement of their removal through leafnode,
which *keeps* them removed even if they try morphing.

> As for using Outlook Express here, why not?

Only an idiot uses OE, the unsafest news/mail app on the planet.

> For me, it's a way station,
> serving until I reconstitute one of my Linux machines and my home, so
> that I can set in some network resources.  And, of course, the best
> Linux firewall I can make.
>
> Cheers -- Martha Adams

And IMO, it'll be much better without you.
Now FOAD.

PLONK

--
Disk full - remove Windows?