Re: Use Google Yahoo Pesting with Flash Player 8

__/ [ webseoguy ] on Friday 09 June 2006 12:19 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> in the past about the tight coupling between Acrobat Reader and the Yahoo
>> Toolbar (each of which insists on installing the other).
>
> I can't stand my Acrobat Reader always asking me to upgrade so it can
> install the Yahoo toolbar. That is why I never upgrade it, although I
> heard that if you go to Acrobat Reader's web site you can upgrade it
> without adding the toolbar. Never looked to see though.

I rarely use Acrobat Reader (I have versions 5 and 7 installed) because it is
slow, bulky, and inflexible. Think Winamp versus iTunes if you favour the
context of proprietary software. I personally use KGhostView (and its
siblings), which opens PDF's immediately within the file manager (yes, tabs
included) and shows me directories with PDF's as thumbnails (size is
variable) of the first page. It's generations ahead of Adobe's bloatware.

>> This doesn't apply
>> to Linux and I am not sure about Apple.
>
> Almost switched to Linux one day and built a special computer with it
> using Linux. Didn't feel like having another learning curve and wished
> it supported Dreamweaver. I heard that Mozilla Suite is getting better
> and better though.

I still can't foresee the day when Outlook gets mouse gestures support, full
versatile theming and integrated RSS (maybe in Office 2007). Mozilla's
software is miles ahead and only its persistent use makes realisation of
this compelling enough. If you don't want to do a 180, just download and
burn (or order for free) Ubuntu 6.06 and install it on a second partitioner.
It requires just one reboot and the entire installation process is graphical
and totally dumbed-down.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Play Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
 12:35pm  up 42 days 18:08,  10 users,  load average: 1.10, 1.09, 0.84