Re: Pirate?! WTF?!

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:35:53 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:13:21 +0100, Kier wrote:
>

>> Where do you get off calling him that, flatty? You consistently whine and
>> cry about Linux advocates behaviour, yet it's supposed to be fine for you
>> to twist people's names? Not in my book.
>
> When in COLA do as the COLA'ites do!!
> The truth is I have a mental block on the real spelling of his name.
> I just can't seem to remember it.

Please don't take me for a fool. His name is right there in his posts,
easily found. Don't try pretending you call him an obviously offensive
name like Shysterwich because you can't recall the real spelling, that
isn't going to fly for a second.

>> And what about you deluging this group with your crappy nymshifting and
>> lying, flatty? How'd you manage that day after day? And don't bother to
>> deny it.
>
> I don't get paid to post, it's just a hobby for me.

Neither does he. You still haven't answered my question. You fill the
group with your nyms, so how do you find the time? At least Roy isn't
hiding his identity.

>> Oh, and did you count all those groups/blogs he's supposedly posting to
>> all day? Did you check every one?
>
> Not all of them, I don't have enough hours in the day to do that which is
> my point.

You don't have time to check - yet you assume that means he can't possibly
have time to post what he does. You're not him, he's not you. His life is
not yoyur life.

> Check around for yourself.
> The guy posts MASSIVE amounts of information, not all Linux.
> And it isn't *me too* posts, it stuff that takes time to research.

So? And? What business is it of yours or indeed anyone's?

>> You're the one calling it spam. The rest of us aren't. Don't like it?
>> Killfile it. And stop whining. Try doing some advocacy for a change.
>
> I have, but he keeps mistyping so I still see some of it.

Oh dear, what a shame. F'Gawd's sake, man, don't be such a whining ninny!

>>> The whole thing does not add up.
>>
>> Sure it does - to nothing. You have no right whatever to control what Roy
>> does in the outside world, or when, or how, and no basis on which to
>> suggest he is doing anything wrong.
>
> He's not doing anything wrong other than the image thing.
> When I call it spam, I don't mean spam as a legal term.

What, then? He's posting advocacy, and believe it or not, that's allowed
here. Even desirable.

>> Personally, I don't believe *anyone* is paid to post to COLA, on either
>> side.
>
> I used to think that but Roy is an entirely new kettle of fish.
> Hunt and peck around the internet and see for yourself.

So, enthusiasm equals getting paid, does it? Bullcrap.

> I'd like to know what kind of vitamins the guy takes.

Like I said, maybe he's an insomniac, and maybe he's not nearly as
prolific as you seem to think. If he can find the time, good luck to him.

Has it occurred to you he might be doing other things simultaneously?

>> As for the opyright infringement - whatever the rights and wrongs of that,
>> it's between Roy and the creator of the material. No one else has any part
>> in it.
>
> Except to voice an opinion.

Which you've done, several times. You think it's unethical. We get the
picture.

>>> Butch?
>>> Let's leave Rex out of this one, ok?
>>
>> Yes, lets. So stop dragging him in. Your continual slanders against him
>> are becoming deeply offensive.
>
> I was just poking fun..
> He should be used to it by now.

Why? It's still offensive. It's not funny. Leave it out.

The saddest thing about you, flatfish, is that you occasionally say
something worth reading, but usually spoil it by posting all you insulting
crap before and after it.

--
Kier