Re: [article] Google product to help retailers

  • Subject: Re: [article] Google product to help retailers
  • From: Davémon <"davémon"@nospam.com>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:25:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Roy Schestowitz arranged shapes to form:

> What will be next? Latterly, they have been helping promote the $100 laptop,
> which runs Linux and could reach half a billion people within a couple of
> years.

I've always found the $100 laptop to be a bit of a non-sequitur - it's
supposed to open up third world markets - but there isn't a telecoms
infrastructure in order to provide connectivity services. Unless the $100
laptop includes some kind of *free* GPRS it seems quite pointless.

> For that I thank them, but could they ever become the next scary
> monopoly?

you mean they're not already ;-)

--

Davémon