Re: The cost of NOT using Linux

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Thursday 05 October 2006 16:41 \__

> An estimate of the cost of updating corporate machines from the previous
> version of an OS from a well-known vendor to that same vendor's anticipated
> new release:-
>
> http://smallbusiness.itworld.com/4383/nls_networking061005/page_1.html

*LOL* @ "Vista Budget Vacuum"

Now, that's a classic phrase. A colleague of mine who is originally from
China talked about the cost of software just half an hour ago. We spoke for
a long while and I sent him some links as evidence of the rapid migration to
Linux in China. I also showed him some XGL demo and he was flabbergasted.
Surely enough he will soon step on the Linux turf. What's most amazing to me
is that a guy at his level knew nothing about Linux. He was also shocked
when I told him about the advertising budget of Vista, AKA the "Budget
Vacuum".

Sorry I drifted off topic. In any event, the article makes a strong point.
Businesses must make the right choices as soon as possible. Disruptive
techology is _not going away. /Au contraire/. It spreads like fire, more
quickly than an army of firemen (shills) can extinguish it.