Re: Roy Schestowitz: Oh man

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:18:09 +0200, Hadron Quark wrote:

> Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Actually it does : if you had some imagination wand weren't such a dry,
>>> unamusing little jobsworth.
>>
>> Actually, it bears no relation to the situation in this group. As you well
>> know.
>
> Actually it does. The reason most people say they support Roy is because
> it bullies the "wintrolls" away. This is errant nonsense because the
> wintrolls could filter them too. if every poster did what Roy did this
> NG would be nothing more than an RSS feed. Its bad enough as it is. Its
> why RSS and mailing lists were developed. Its why mail->usenet gateways
> were banned/stopped.
>
> This "killfile" and move on solution is nothing more than turning away
> while a skinhead beats up an old Lady - its refusing to apply the law of
> the land or, in this case, apply the law of the posting charter. A huge

Oh, please, don't make me laugh. You're talking nonsense. This is a
newsgroup, and no one is being beaten up.

> % of Roy's posts are nothing to do with Linux advocacy and are
> intolerable attacks on MS and their personnel - all coming from a
> resource paid for by the British tax payer.

Are you worried about MS? I couldn't give a monkey's about their hurt
feelings, even though I have stated, more than once, that I'd prefer to
see less bashing of MS here. But I'm not going to cry into my tea about
it. MS can look after itself.

> There is NO other NG that I am aware of which would tolerate some jumped
> up polyversity self publicist spamming the group with links to freely

Prove that's what he is, or shut up.

> available web material day in, day out and thus depriving the
> originating journalists of hit count.

He's depriving no one of anything, and you have yet to prove he is doing
it for that reason. That's an unwarranted personal attack on Roy, which
you seem happy to make repeatedly, yet you cry over MS.

--
Kier