Re: Roy Schestowitz: Oh man

Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:16:00 +0200, Hadron Quark wrote:
>
>> Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> And bears no sensible relation to that situation whatsoever. Don't be
>>> sucha melodramatic prick.
>>
>> Actually it does : if you had some imagination wand weren't such a dry,
>> unamusing little jobsworth.
>
> Actually, it bears no relation to the situation in this group. As you well
> know.

Actually it does. The reason most people say they support Roy is because
it bullies the "wintrolls" away. This is errant nonsense because the
wintrolls could filter them too. if every poster did what Roy did this
NG would be nothing more than an RSS feed. Its bad enough as it is. Its
why RSS and mailing lists were developed. Its why mail->usenet gateways
were banned/stopped.

This "killfile" and move on solution is nothing more than turning away
while a skinhead beats up an old Lady - its refusing to apply the law of
the land or, in this case, apply the law of the posting charter. A huge
% of Roy's posts are nothing to do with Linux advocacy and are
intolerable attacks on MS and their personnel - all coming from a
resource paid for by the British tax payer.

There is NO other NG that I am aware of which would tolerate some jumped
up polyversity self publicist spamming the group with links to freely
available web material day in, day out and thus depriving the
originating journalists of hit count.