Re: Roy Schestowitz: Oh man

"Sean Inglis" <none@xxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Or, for the love of $DEITY, continue to post. You have steered this
>>> group on topic from a state of useless decay, and continue to
>>> effectively advocate Linux.
>>
>> No.  He has turned a discussion group into Roy's News Blog.
>>

> Nonsense, anyone is free to post here. Roy is certainly prolific, but if
> you dislike Roy's posts, filter them out. He has gone to trouble to ensure
> that doing this is a trivial matter for anyone truly interested in doing
> so.

This sort of spamming occurs in no other NG that I am aware of.

ALL of the posts are available elsewhere on the web : where the articles
originated.

Roy is doing no more than self promotion and creating redundant wastelands.

This is not advocacy, it is mindless reproduction of other peoples
harvesting.

This whole "drown out the trolls" bullshit is almost laughable since the
trolls can kilfile him or filter the OPs too.

The argument that "dont like them then filter them" is not the fucking
point : the point is that if everyone acted like Roy in this or other
groups then usenet descends into anarchy and redundant mass postings.

mail -> usenet gateways were banned/stopped  some time ago to stop this almost
automaton style of NG flooding.

The info is already there vis RSS and natural web page access. All Roy
is doing is depriving the originating sites of readers and hit count.

As for Mark Kents journal : what idiot would include all the bloody
email headers for every originating post?  Yup ..... What kind of sane
thinker would seperate the link from the title? Yup .....

And what do we get? Typical fruitcake response - well why dont you post
your own journal ....... er no, lads, I have Roys news posts
blacklisted. Remember?