Re: Laptops - Designed for GNU/Linux

peterwn wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> I hope you realise that promotional stuff as such is forced by
>> Microsoft, through the contracts with the OEM.

Nothing is forced on anyone, wacko.

>> Take, for example,
>> "[VENDOR] recommends Windows XP". The vendor must put this up. It's
>> anti-competitive, of course.

Of course it's not.

The vendor really does recommend XP.  Know why?  'Cause if he says he
recommends GNU/Linux, he'll be out of business before you can type
'mysql-gui-tools-5.0r2-i486-1gds.tgz'

> The OEM does not need to include this in its advertising.  However the
> OEM will miss out on a big heap of payola from Microsoft paid via
> Ireland or similar at a very low tax rate.

How much payola?

> Microsoft can withdraw
> this payola virtually on a whim, and it is very doubtful that a OEM
> can or would want to try and sue Microsoft over this.

How would you know what MS can or cannot do?

Do you think you're Rex Ballard or something?