Re: [News] Microsoft's ASP is Dying

__/ [ Tim Smith ] on Sunday 10 September 2006 17:27 \__

> In article <2hy0yggdf293.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Foxpro isn't dead, in fact they just released a new community technology
>> preview of the latest beta in June.
>
> He thinks Foxpro is dead?  Man, what a maroon.  Out in the real world,
> there are plenty of places actively using Foxpro.  In some industries,
> it is the defacto standard.  For example, if you don't pay your bills,
> and a collection agency comes after you, the chances are quite high that
> the collection agency is maintaining your information using Foxpro.
>
> Microsoft's committed to Foxpro support to at least 2015.
>
> It's usually high enough at Tiobe's index to be an "A" language.

Our University used Foxpro...

...it was killed two years ago. What an ugly experience that was... twice as
bad as that newer front-end that constantly freezes and behaves quite
erratically. And it's really ugly, too. Like all the generic Windows UI's.
Thank goodness I quit that job. It was the only thing that still had me
tapping on a Windows box 2-5 minutes a day.