Re: Konqueror is an Innovative 'Killer' Application for Linux

__/ [ casioculture@xxxxxxxxx ] on Saturday 09 September 2006 15:04 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> The Linux killer app: KDE's Konqueror
>>
>> ,----[ Snippet ]
>> | One of the unique features of Konqueror that really is amazing is
>> | it's ability to do split screen browsing. Right click on the status bar
>> | on the bottom of the screen and you get a menu allowing you to split the
>> | screen either horizontally or vertically.
>> |
>> | This isn't just a "gee whiz" feature. It's actually very useful. Take
>> | shopping on line, for instance. My wife is very jealous of this
>> | feature. :-)
>> |
>> | Take a look at the following screen shot, which shows me looking at
>> | two different tents and comparing their specs side by side.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT4753761802.html
>>

> How can I take this guy seriously? His panel is trasnparent and his
> tent is called Mutha Hubba.

There is not much that you can tell from the small fragment that's made
visible through the transparent panel, but perhaps the author lives in a
Mutha Hubba tent. He spent all his savings on Microsoft licences and he now
shops for a second tent... you know, for his wife. No worries. The Gates
Foundation will provide handouts to those who were exploited all these
years*.

Best wishes,

Roy

*Fine print: all tents ship with XP lipstick embedded.

--
Windows: innovative VTP technology (Virus Transfer Protocol)
Cpu(s):  19.3% user,   2.7% system,   0.9% nice,  77.1% idle