Re: [News] Konqueror is an Innovative 'Killer' Application for Linux

  • Subject: Re: [News] Konqueror is an Innovative 'Killer' Application for Linux
  • From: Hadron Quark <qadronhuark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 14:13:24 +0200
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:rmFMfEJnBrzAG1tJ2fbj7zO2icU=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Gubo Dangle <gubo.dangle.nospam.@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> It happens that Roy Schestowitz formulated :
>> The Linux killer app: KDE's Konqueror
>>
>> ,----[ Snippet ]
>>> One of the unique features of Konqueror that really is amazing is
>>> it's ability to do split screen browsing. Right click on the status bar
>>> on the bottom of the screen and you get a menu allowing you to
>>> split the screen either horizontally or vertically.
>>>
>>> This isn't just a "gee whiz" feature. It's actually very useful. Take
>>> shopping on line, for instance. My wife is very jealous of this
>>> feature. :-)
>>>
>>> Take a look at the following screen shot, which shows me looking at
>>> two different tents and comparing their specs side by side.
>
> So, it'll do the same (nearly) as having two open webpages in any
> webbrowser with the windows tiled vertically.
>
> - and that's a Killer App?

Except for the fact that gnome doesnt have such a basic feature as
window tile. Really. Amazing eh?

Also, notice the advocates are getting all gooey talking about a KDE app
: most gnome users wouldnt load it. More efforts pulling Linux apart as
opposed to pulling it together. This "feature" should be in Firefox -
not some other competing browser.

Yeah, yeah : choice.

--
No Canadian coins.