Re: [News] Konqueror is an Innovative 'Killer' Application for Linux

__/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Saturday 09 September 2006 15:19 \__

> Hadron Quark wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
> < snip >
>
>> Sorry? I use Nautilus sometimes, and dired the rest. I dont like bit
>> monolithic apps which try to be too many things to too many people :
>> Konqueror for example.
>>

> Except that Konqueror is *not* a monolithic app.
> It is an app with a base functionality somewhat better than most other
> file-browsers/net-browsers.
> The extras are added with plug-ins
>
> But then, you are sooo versed in linux matters. NOT
>
> < snip more wintroll bullshit >

Mr. Quark began dabbling with Linux only months ago. He only uses GNOME and
he doesn't realise that KDE is a highly-integrated, hierarchical and modular
environment (QT is built in that way). Unlike, for example, some monolithic
companies which acquire isolated innovation, then gluing together some bits
and pieces to get a consistent, secure and stable O/S. NOT.

KDE is not the environment which requires a 60% rewrite of its source code.
KDE surges on. KDE 4 coming soon. QT 4.2 reached its beta milestone
yesterday. Trolltech is IPO'd and is growing strong.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
  3:20pm  up 51 days  3:32,  10 users,  load average: 0.61, 0.92, 0.80