Re: [News] Konqueror is an Innovative 'Killer' Application for Linux

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> __/ [ Peter KÃhlmann ] on Saturday 09 September 2006 15:19 \__
>
>> Hadron Quark wrote:
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>>
>> < snip >
>>
>>> Sorry? I use Nautilus sometimes, and dired the rest. I dont like bit
>>> monolithic apps which try to be too many things to too many people :
>>> Konqueror for example.
>>>

>> Except that Konqueror is *not* a monolithic app.
>> It is an app with a base functionality somewhat better than most other
>> file-browsers/net-browsers.
>> The extras are added with plug-ins

So no different than firefox then? Or IE with activeX? But KDE specific. Great.

>> But then, you are sooo versed in linux matters. NOT
>>
>> < snip more wintroll bullshit >
>
> Mr. Quark began dabbling with Linux only months ago. He only uses GNOME and
> he doesn't realise that KDE is a highly-integrated, hierarchical and
> modular

I do realise : but stopped using it because I found it buggy as hell. To
be honest I like Gnome. I might try out the latest if reports are good.

> environment (QT is built in that way). Unlike, for example, some monolithic
> companies which acquire isolated innovation, then gluing together some bits
> and pieces to get a consistent, secure and stable O/S. NOT.
>
> KDE is not the environment which requires a 60% rewrite of its source code.
> KDE surges on. KDE 4 coming soon. QT 4.2 reached its beta milestone

More versions does not mean more "good".

--
What's this script do?
    unzip ; touch ; finger ; mount ; gasp ; yes ; umount ; sleep