Re: One reason techs love Linux

__/ [ Handover Phist ] on Wednesday 20 September 2006 18:59 \__

> To rescue files from a dead OS toss a live CD in and transfer them off
> via FTP or whatever.
>
> The same goes for Macs. I have one that I suspect the hard drive is
> going south on. I downloaded Ubuntu for PPC, and I can do exactly the
> same thing for the mac that I can for x86, in the same environment.
>
> I came; I saw; I fucked up
>
> http://www.websterscafe.com

That what I should have done last year, /before/ my sister wiped my mom's
document and photos, which were not recoverable. Windows: a safe way to
losing valuable data for good. No boot, no good. I had the Ubuntu Live CD,
but my sister beat me too it, as well as beat the hell out of the data.