[News] Debian to Deliver Etch on Schedule, Despite Uncertainty

Debian experiments with funding group to release 'etch' on time

,----[ Quote ]
| "The answer might be that no money is needed -- we are already doing
| very well at meeting etch's deadline, and it might be enough to just
| keep doing what we have been [doing]," he said.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1964607233

Recent (of interest to Debian users):

A Tryst with Debian Etch Beta 3

,----[ Quote ]
| When a Linux enthusiast hears the name Debian, it never fails to instill
| in him some awe and respect. After all, this is the one and only
| not-for-profit Linux distribution which has singularly built up a
| name synonymous with security, stability and freeness.
`----

http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2006/08/tryst-with-debian-etch-beta-3.html

Debian Linux Would Have Cost $175 Million to Develop Commercially

http://libresoft.dat.escet.urjc.es/debian-counting/sarge/index.php?menu=Statistics

HP offers Debian Linux support

http://news.com.com/HP+offers+Debian+Linux+support/2100-7344_3-6104891.html

Debian Linux Adopts OpenVZ Virtualization Software

<ttp://www.efytimes.com/fullnews.asp?edid=13429

64-bit special (Debian-based) Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| 64 Studio is a special Linux version for creating digital contents. It is
| a software collection based on Debian, containing many 64-bit audio and
| video editing applications.
`----

                                        http://www.start64.com/

ARM-based SBC comes with embedded Debian

,----[ Quote ]
| Taiwanese embedded board start-up Embedian is shipping an ARM-based
| 3.5-inch form-factor SBC (single-board computer) targeting fixed and
| mobile applications, including mobile terminals, POS devices, kiosks,
| ATMs, vending machine, networking, gaming, security audio/video
| processing, and telematics. The APC-7110 is available with a
| Linux development kit.

Flexible ARM9 SBC boots (Debian) Linux in 1.69 seconds

,----[ Quote ]
| Technologic Systems is offering a freely downloadable, Debian-based Linux
| OS image said to boot from an SD card in less than two seconds, on the
| company's ARM9-based SBC (single-board computer).

Automated Installer for USB Flash Thumbdrives

,----[ Quote ]
| This tool will automate the installation of Debian GNU/Linux onto a USB
| Flash Media.
`----

http://feraga.com/project/autoinstaller

New installer gives Debian Etch an edge