Re: Another Major Chain of Kickbacks Gets Exposed

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Friday 20 April 2007 18:29 \__

> On Apr 20, 1:35 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> U.S. DOJ joins lawsuit against HP, Sun, Accenture
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Suit alleges that the three companies formed an alliance with vendors
>> | and have been giving each other kickbacks on government contracts
>> | since the late 1990s.
>> `----
>
> Obviously they haven't bribed enough congressmen yet.  They could
> learn some lessons from the pharmaceutical companies (recent stories
> in the news about how the US government is forbidden by law from
> negotiating drug prices for Medicare recipients).

An item which I saw in Slashdot reveals that /more/ companies are involved,
/including/ Microsoft (surprise, surprise!). Speaking of drug companies and
healthcare, I recently read an excellent (albeit now new) article about the
lack of regulation in the IT industry. This was compared to healthcare. Had
all sectors worked in the same fashion, there would be chaos that's costing
lives.

I sometimes think the government is totally out of control, caring about
nothing but the 'war in Iraq' while ignoring the problems inside its own
house. The US dropped 6 places in the innovation chart (or whatever it was
called) in just one year. It is not surprsing. Just look at Europe's
attitude, which has recently driven it to Open Source. Many of Groklaw's
readers are from Europe as well. They wish to see all that corruption and
justify their choice. BTW, thanks for making me a News Picks guy! If it
weren't for your suggestion, this would never have happened.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

VISTA - Venereally-Infectious, Sexually-Transmitted Aliment
roy      pts/0                         Thu Apr 19 07:46   still logged in