Re: Company Dumps .NET Software, Finds Happiness in Open Source

On Apr 19, 10:57 am, Maverick <S...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tim Smith wrote:

> >>Christ your thick.  Do you really think that open source software was
> >>written using MS software?  It is open source... PERIOD.
> >>You can keep lying all you want, but it won't make it come true.
>
> > So your contention is that the authors of SplendidCRM are wrong when
> > they say it is built on MS software?  Could you please tell us how you
> > determined this?
>
> It isn't built using M$ software.  Like Tom and I both concurred on is
> that they used Open Source tools to develop it.

By the way, I'm almost 100% sure that it was built using MS Visual
Studio.  Go look at the source repository.  It's got all of the Visual
Studio project files.  The files all target msbuild - yep, it's vs2005
for sure.

> If you used M$
> development tools, you'd then have to pay the M$ license fees.  How else
> were they going to reduce the license costs?
> Besides, the main article said as much.- Hide quoted text -

What are you talking about?  The fees they were talking about were for
the crm package, and splendid comes in two vesions - a commercial and
a non-commercial.  This has nothing to do with the tools it was built
with.

--
Tom Shelton

--