Re: [News] Vista ReadyBoost Might Do More Harm Than Good

"[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx> writes:

>> __/ [ Linonut ] on Sunday 15 April 2007 15:11 \__
>>
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
>>> wisdom:

>>> Objection!  Witness rendering an opinion!
>>>
>>>    Steve wrote:
>>>
>>>    Our company recently purchased new computers from Dell, the hardware
>>>    was much faster than our 'old' computers running XP.
>>>
>>>    Vista boot - is appalling atleast 2 minutes (longer) than the 30
>>>    seconds XP takes.
>>>
>>>    Quite a few application are not compatible - or worse partly
>>>    compatible.
>>>
>>>    Copy / Move / Delete of files is so slow we ended up burning DVD's
>>>    than copying across our very fast gigabit network.
>>>
>>>    . . .
>>>
>>>    Windows Media Player 11 - crashes regularly.
>>>    IE7 - locks up every couple of hours.
>>>    On heavy usage we were rebooting - all our Vista machines an average
>>>    of 3 hours.
>>>    The Backup/Restore feature did not work.
>>>    The Computer - Computer transfer did not work and crashed the Vista
>>>    machine constantly.
>>>
>>>    Eventually we had our machines replaced and we have just installed XP
>>>    on them. It works perfectly ok and we can now copy files at normal
>>>    rates. (we have also dual booted them with Linux)
>>>
>>> Overruled!
>>
>> Linux? That's not good for anyone, is it? Does it mean they want to give up
>> on Windows altogether (perhaps in the long term)?
>
> No doubt. After all, Wine/Cedega is currently a better Windows than the
> current Windows is.
>
> How sad is that?

It is sad that you feel the need to repeat this urban myth. I have used
both Wine & CEDEGA and they are works in motion. Incomplete. Buggy and
sometimes very inefficient. Impressive pieces of work nonetheless.

--
They are most deceived that trusteth most in themselves.