Re: [News] Microsoft is Losing Its Talented Employees

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Monday 30 April 2007 13:28 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft's Revolving Internet Door: The Talent Brain Drain Continues
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Robert Scoble, a very high profile blogger for Microsoft who left the
>> | firm a few months ago, reports that Microsoft's talent drain is
>> | continuing.
>> `----
>>
>> http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070430/33939_id.html?.v=1
>>

> I can't say I'd ever miss a blogger. The world isn't going to miss yet
> another writer of mindless self opinionated junk.
>
> Sorry, but having a blog does not make one a writer or a jerno. One of
> which I would like the other I wouldn't, but at least they both know how to
> write readable texts, even if one of them would just make it up as he went
> along.

Exactly my point. http://scobleizer.com/2006/03/04/better-mail-than-jail/

Your argument was also made when the editor at OSNews decided to attack GNOME
and KDE. Having a Web site does not make a person more knowledgable.

>> Related:
>>
>> Former Project Manager of Excel:
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The only way Microsoft has managed to hire so many people
>> | has been by lowering their hiring standards significantly...
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2006/11/24.html
>>

> Yes we know about this. The standard of MS OS software is well below crap
> and heading downwards. True programmers would never have wanted to be
> involved in this. Unless the pay was really good, obviously.
>

>> MS Insider: The Office Crew Isn't Smart Enough to Supplant Real Windows
>> Developers
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "With Alchin retiring, MarkL and MarkZ, two of the most talented
>> | architects in MS already having left, the picture gets really
>> | ugly for the Windows division," my friend claimed, and the BV's
>> | core team members, Ian McDonald, Jack Mayo, Todd Wanke, Clyde
>> | Rodriguez and others are starting to connect the dots.
>> |

> Call me childish if you like, but I did have a giggle at the obvious in
> that list of names, he is probably a tough bloke, a name like that he must
> have learnt to fight at a very early age in school. I tell you, if my
> surname was Mayo I'd have it changed. Maybe change it to Wanke or something
> else that kids can't make fun of.

Well, Wanke could always move to the States where words are used differently.
Mayo could marry McDonald and live happily with lettuce.

http://www.emailbattles.com/2006/09/11/ms-insider-the-office-crew-isnt-smart-enough-to-supplant-real-windows-developers/
>> http://tinyurl.com/35eqrt
>
> Good for him, it's about time the developers stood up thumped the table and
> demanded that the Chief exec listens. Of cause, being a developer no doubt
> all of the wine in the surrounding glasses will jump out when he does that.
> Developers do that sort of thing, I know I saw it happen at a conference
> once. But he got a jolly good laugh out of it.
>
> If Vista is going to survive it needs to be in the hands of developers, not
> the Chief exec.

That's where Debian is a sharp contrast. But they said Devs are immature,
whether it's a good or a bad thing... Google comes to mind...

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Disk quota exceeded; sig discontinued"
  2:05pm  up 1 day 22:20,  4 users,  load average: 0.03, 0.10, 0.39