Re: [News] Linux Praised, Vista Trashed in PCWorld Letters

__/ [ John Locke ] on Monday 23 April 2007 21:57 \__

>>And something that Microsoft does not want people to know, also from
>>PCWorld:
>>
>>Microsoft's Software Services Struggle
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| Microsoft plans to make expanding its software as a service (SAAS)
>>| strategy a priority in the next 12 months, but the company continues
>>| to suffer an image problem as it struggles to prove that it can
>>| compete in this new services market.
>>`----
>>
>>http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20070405/tc_pcworld/130412
>
> When will they learn ?  They now want to expand into hosted services ?
> They haven't even fixed Vista yet and they're going off in aonther
> tangent.  There are several comapnies including Google already doing
> this. We don't need Microsoft.

Don't forget something that Microsoft will never get right in SaaS:

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM OmniFind Yahoo! Edition also uses the open source Lucene indexing
| library to provide cross-platform full text indexing.
`----                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/061213/0194295.html

Businesses think ahead. In recent months, Microsoft has been loud and
aggressive when facing Google in the enterprise. They see Google taking
their business, not just foreseeing it. IBM's revenues are soaring as well.
Microsoft published its figures today (I think), so we'll soon see how they
do outside the world of the cash cows (whose days are seeminglu numbered).

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "The speed of time is one second per second"
Cpu(s):  22.1% user,   2.9% system,   0.7% nice,  74.4% idle