Re: Dana Blankenhorn Says Mark Shuttleworth Embraces GPLv3, Adds Anti-American Slant

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 08 Aug 2007 18:06:40 +0100
<1910674.0lEYbB6lVL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Wednesday 08 August 2007 16:31 : \____
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Wed, 08 Aug 2007 11:33:00 +0100
>> <3579917.FMfvWbOZn4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> ____/ Thufir on Wednesday 08 August 2007 08:30 : \____

>>> Haha. I missed the pun until you laughed.
>>>

>> The Blue Sky Of Death?  Oy.
>>
>> That's not a pleasant notion, thank you (though it
>> is a funny one :-) ).
>
> Well, at least a blue screen can calm you down.
>
> Better than kernel panic, no?

That depends.  An OOPS at least includes a recognizable
register dump.  :-)  Not sure where the registers are on
the NT stop screen (presumably they're somewhere, along
with part of one of the stacks [*] at the time it bombed),
and the Win95 stop screen had nothing but the message
"Sorry, I'm dead" (paraphrased).  Panics contain
little more than a message, which hopefully someone can
intercept.

[*] there are two stacks, at least: the user's stack and
the much smaller interrupt stack.  There might be a third
stack for the kernel, but I'd have to look.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #40490127:
for(;;) ;