Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft OSI Invasion Self-serving, Plot Gradaully Unveiled

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 08 August 2007 11:36 : \____

>> Reverse-Halloween: The Marketing Checkbox Strategy
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Getting Microsoft software licences OSI-approved and similarly getting
>>| Microsoft's proprietary document formats approved at ISO are like painting
>>| an old Chevrolet.
>>|
>>| [...]
>>|
>>| This may be enough to satisfy the enterprise customer that he is achieving
>>| something different. Clearly, the substance is no different: it's a lock-in
>>| in sheep's clothing.
>> `----
>>
>> http://fussnotes.typepad.com/plexnex/2007/08/the-marketing-c.html
>
> Excellent - the world is truly waking up to what this is all about.
> It's quite interesting that online journalism is massively outstripping
> traditional news organs in highlighting and publicising these issues.

I wouldn't worry. Journalism (as it used to be) is dying. Mary Jo Foley left
Microsoft Watch because of this. She said blogged is the future and went over
to ZDNet after decades of journalism.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread