[News] Desktop Software is Becoming Almost Irrelevant

  • Subject: [News] Desktop Software is Becoming Almost Irrelevant
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 02:12:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Software as Service Draws Interest

,----[ Quote ]
| "By 2011, 63 percent of products in the software infrastructure market and 56
| percent in the software application market will support web services and web
| 2.0 technologies," Gartner reckons.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20070818/tc_pcworld/135970

Related:

Oldies but Goodies: The Network Really Is the Computer

,----[ Quote ]
| I came to my formulations about Web 2.0 because I was thinking about
| what open source really meant, and how the deep trends would play out
| over time, as they spread beyond the open source software development
| community and other pioneers. What else can we see now in the behavior
| of today's early adopters? That's the next set of questions.
`----

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/01/oldies_but_good.html

Why Google's Network Will Kill Node Computing

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070108/23709_id.html?.v=1