Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 15:59:37 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> Kier wrote:

>>> But he *is* a MS apologist
>>
>> I don't think he is. Just not fervently anti-MS.
>
> Strange then that he defends the astroturfers and trolls constantly
> Strange then that he constantly attacks linux advocates, with completely
> whacko "arguments" often enough

He may question their arguments, that's what discussion groups are for,
surely. If he's wrong, shoot him down. But he isn't always wrong.

>>> Oh, he did not call Osama a hero, too
>>
>> That's not a sensible argument, Peter. Saying nothing, either for or
>> against something, does not indicate anything except that the poster has
>> no comment to make.
>
> Tell Tim "Hadron" "Funkenbusch" that. *He* is trying to imply those things
> about me in the ubuntu group, feverishly defending Hadron Quark

Really? When?

>> And why drag someone like Osama bin Laden into this?
>
> Because that is another matter he said nothing about, like the EeePC for
> example?

Obviously. But it's a false argument.

>> You haven't heard me speak against him either - that doesn't mean I think
>> he's a hero.
>>

> Reading comprehension 101 failed?

No. Not speaking against something does not imply support.

--
Kier

--
Kier