Re: [News] Mainstream Press is Apathetic and Prejudiced Against GNU/Linux

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 15:04:33 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> Kier wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 05:56:11 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> The sales figures from Asus were limited by production capacity. If I
>>> recall correctly, 5 million units were expected to sell next year. These
>>> forecasts were changed and the numbers elevated significantly just before
>>> Xmas (I'll fetch the references if you want). Asus insists that it can
>>> dominate 20% of the laptops market and the Eee PC is bound to become its
>>> second most important product. Vista won't run on the Eee PC any time
>>> soon (with reasonable performance and real attraction).
>>>
>>> Don't let Timmy and the Microsoft apologist downplay the significance of
>>> this. They will try very hard.
>>
>> Why don't you stop calling him 'Timmy' and an MS apologist, when he's
>> neither.
>
> But he *is* a MS apologist

I don't think he is. Just not fervently anti-MS.

>> And I haven't heard him denigrate the EeePC at all.
>>

> Oh, he did not call Osama a hero, too

That's not a sensible argument, Peter. Saying nothing, either for or
against something, does not indicate anything except that the poster has
no comment to make. And why drag someone like Osama bin Laden into this?
You haven't heard me speak against him either - that doesn't mean I think
he's a hero.

--
Kier